Saturday, January 20, 2007

Confused

I was over at Zhoen's blog just now, reading a post dated "Friday" and couldn't figure out how I could have missed reading it during the last three days. I thought that this was Monday evening, you see. Sigh. It's going to be a long, hard week: we are going to try to do a competition (from a standing start) in one week, i.e. finished by next Sunday.

Today started out well, with a nice cappuccino in the Espresso-Laden (an existential mismatch that never ceases to amuse me) and a couple of intriguing books in the Flohmarkt for the extortionate price of 2 Euros each. (Should have been 2.50 each, but the stallkeeper gave me a coin back "because they're so thin.") Then Hedgehog called to report a dead hard disk, could I investigate? That took up three hours and prevented me from shopping. From there, G and U picked me up and we went to the site of the competition for another look around; then back to the office for the first serious day of work. We have three possibilities, all intriguing; the plan is to elaborate them tomorrow and them have a mini-competition to decide which one we will pursue.

To bed.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Zhoen said...

Whenever I have to do a night shift I have no idea what day it is for days.

January 21, 2007 at 1:02:00 a.m. GMT+1  
Blogger Lioness said...

That happens to me all the time. Most often I am pleasantly surprised but then sometimes there is real panic. Meh meh meh.

(I mispelt taquipnoea, sorry. Blogger isn't allowing me to comment or read comments, for the matter. It means hyperventilating.)

January 21, 2007 at 1:51:00 a.m. GMT+1  
Blogger JoeinVegas said...

Good luck, hope you sleep well in preparation.

January 21, 2007 at 5:46:00 a.m. GMT+1  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is not fair that you have to work so much. Couldn't G and U go to the site by themselves? Are they two men?

January 21, 2007 at 11:42:00 a.m. GMT+1  
Blogger mark drago said...

oh Udge, I wish you could come over here and look at my darn computer. I'm ready to throw it out the window.

January 22, 2007 at 5:17:00 p.m. GMT+1  

Post a Comment

<< Home