Friday, July 21, 2006

Waiting

For what, I'm not sure; but the feeling is clear: I woke up to wait for something.

It's 3am as I start writing, I am awake again. It is a balmy 28° outside, I just spent a quarter hour or so on the balcony listening to the bats and the rumble of an airconditioner somewhere to the north. A car goes by every five minutes or so. The last night bus made its way back downtown to bed half an hour ago.

The moon is rising, a yellowish-orange sliver, the dark rest of its face is still clearly visible against the night.

It's actually quite pleasant to sit outside at 3am, the city is quite still. It reminds me of summer evenings in Toronto when I was growing up, the air cooling slowly after the baking heat of the day. I would sit in the living room, feeling the breeze through the screen door, listening to the rumble of traffic on the Parkway and the tinkle of water from lawn sprinklers somewhere down the street.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger * said...

you're a Nachteule,
but I like that too, quiet awake at night.

July 21, 2006 at 10:35:00 p.m. GMT+2  
Blogger CarpeDM said...

See? I really like these posts that you write in the middle of the night.

July 22, 2006 at 12:11:00 a.m. GMT+2  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have been missing you at 100 Days. But it's good to read your words here, as usual.

July 22, 2006 at 4:24:00 a.m. GMT+2  

Post a Comment

<< Home