Monday, July 03, 2006

Just the usual panic

Sitting by the open window taking a break from database work on Alberich, listening to swallows and the Turmfalke, and a wonderfully odd cd. The sky is immaculate blue, the temperature around 24°, the breeze cool and too strong to be comfortable in bare feet.

And my God, it's July already. Ten more weeks before my holiday, meaning nine and a half weeks to get the Hobbyist project working properly. My mood fluctuates in a triangle between quiet optimism, panic and despair: there is so much still to be done, so little time, and I am so alone with the work. I think that is my main concern: that it's all mine to do, and what I don't do simply will not be done.

Work for the architects is tailing off, at least as far as my involvement is concerned. We will have the last tender documents ready in the next few weeks, and after that the work that remains is outside my skill-set and experience. Good in a way, I will be desperately short of time for Hobbyist; but clearly not so good in that Hobbyist doesn't pay a red cent until and unless the punters queue up to buy it in November. Wherewith shall I pay my rent? (This too causes feelings of panic and despair.)

What on earth shall I do?

5 Comments:

Blogger Jean said...

Have faith in yourself. Meditate -nothing like it for dwelling in the present, not the future. Get a business or career development loan? (do they have those in Germany?).

That cd looks wonderfully intriguing.

This forthcoming holiday appears to coincide with the count-down on your blog, so it must be something special?

July 3, 2006 at 3:22:00 p.m. GMT+2  
Blogger * said...

Ruhe bewahrn sacht der Volksmund.
udge, what is the Hobbyist project?

July 3, 2006 at 8:48:00 p.m. GMT+2  
Blogger * said...

sorry udge, I confused myself and commeted twice the same and since one shouldn't exaggerate I deleted one...

July 3, 2006 at 8:51:00 p.m. GMT+2  
Blogger Udge said...

Thanks for the encouragement. Jean, I don't know whether the loan would be either possible, I don't qualify for most govt aid programmes because I am already self-employed. There is aid available for the unemployed or those who wish to leave full-time employment, but I am neither of those. Something will turn up.

I added a few links to previous posts about the holiday (very special!) and the Hobbyist project.

July 3, 2006 at 10:52:00 p.m. GMT+2  
Blogger brooksba said...

You can do it! (Words of encouragement.)

July 4, 2006 at 8:33:00 a.m. GMT+2  

Post a Comment

<< Home