Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Dull

A cool and occasionally rainy day, only 23° with a strong breeze that actually makes me consider putting on a long-sleeved shirt for work this afternoon. However the forecast high is 28°, which given the expected humidity would be unpleasant in long sleeves. Decisions, decisions.

I have an urge to speak but nothing in particular to say. This is partly because I am noting the day's events for a possible Day In The Working Life post, so I don't want to repeat myself should that DITWL come to be. I've started such posts twice now, but have abandoned them due to what I felt was unrepresentative bitchery and unpleasantness in the course of the afternoon's work. There is a tricky philosophical issue at the root of this: the idea of a DITWL is that it describes a random yet typical day, and I would not have you believe that I spend all my afternoons shouting and being shouted at; on the other hand this is also not untypical, and one might counter that the specifics of the single day in question are as interesting and relevant as the general outline of the beast. We shall see.

2 Comments:

Blogger Little Light said...

I'm with you on that.

June 27, 2006 at 3:39:00 p.m. GMT+2  
Blogger brooksba said...

Having now read your DITWL post, I liked it.

June 28, 2006 at 8:49:00 a.m. GMT+2  

Post a Comment

<< Home