Friday, June 16, 2006

Hermit

It occurs to me that I haven't been out of the house in two days, not since returning from work on Wednesday evening. Fortunately tomorrow is Saturday, I shall have to go downtown and attend to my various weekly consumerist chores. Somebody has to keep the wheels of commerce turning, damnit.

The weather has been so miserable that I haven't wanted to leave the house: hot, sticky, not a hint of a breeze. I wish I could hibernate through the summer, and wake up again when the weather has cooled off.

4 Comments:

Blogger JoeinVegas said...

We're already up to 39c in the daytime, but cool down to 20c at night. But both sides will be increasing by 12c in a few weeks, stay that way for the summer and start cooling back down in mid September. But we like it, as long as there is air conditioning in the house and cars.

June 17, 2006 at 5:25:00 a.m. GMT+2  
Blogger brooksba said...

It's muggy here today and all I want to do is stay indoors with the air conditioning going on. I don't blame you.

June 17, 2006 at 7:18:00 a.m. GMT+2  
Blogger * said...

yes here it is hot, too and it is coastal area and we have wind...nevertheless too hot, how must it be without wind and in the country...
but it is nice to be a hermit from time to time, isn't it?

June 17, 2006 at 12:19:00 p.m. GMT+2  
Blogger Zhoen said...

Same here. I would I could be an anti-snowbird.

June 18, 2006 at 9:45:00 p.m. GMT+2  

Post a Comment

<< Home