Tuesday, June 13, 2006

It's happening again

Note the time: 4:53am. Damn and blast.

Yes, it's nice to sit on the balcony and see Venus rising, and yes the birdsong is quite pretty; and yes the colours and the quality of light - and the absence of traffic noise - are enjoyable in a calm and meditative way.

On the other hand, I'm still bone-tired, and am awake because of what is almost a migraine: the usual symptoms (headache in a specific place, pressure on the eyeballs, vague nausea, stiff/sore neck) but toned down a few notches. I've taken some aspirin and rubbed Tiger Balm into my forehead and the back of my neck; I shall now sit for ten minutes and then go back to bed.

[Updated at 10:30] That did me a power of good, as the old folks said, I feel almost human again. I might even go to work this afternoon. But I really must find some solution to this "rising with the birds" nonsense: one can only take so many photos of Venus rising above the same rooftop before the subject becomes stale.

6 Comments:

Blogger brooksba said...

I wish I had a good solution for you. I hope that you are able to get a great night's sleep SOON because you deserve it.

June 13, 2006 at 6:05:00 a.m. GMT+2  
Blogger CarpeDM said...

I sure hope you can get some sleep. At least you do have a great attitude about it.

June 13, 2006 at 9:24:00 p.m. GMT+2  
Blogger Snow Crow said...

As far as the insomnia, I assume that you've tried the solution you gave me, which worked like a charm, btw, so I don't have anything else to suggest. For the headache, I'm not a big fan of the chemical solution, but N has migranes and she takes Excedrin Migrane for them (it kicks behind on just really bad headaches, too).

June 13, 2006 at 11:30:00 p.m. GMT+2  
Blogger sirbarrett said...

Have you got a telescope out there? That sucks about your migraine. They can't really be solved easily. Buggers. Have you tried squeezing the pressure point in the flesh between your thumb and your index? The other strategy I use is the good old cranial massage, starting by pressing your skull over the eyebrows then fanning out the fingers and pushing tension out through the occipital lobe at the back of the skull. Even if it doesn't work it still feels nice.

June 14, 2006 at 5:06:00 p.m. GMT+2  
Blogger Lioness said...

I find that I need to combine. painkillers with caffeine for it to have a full effect. Migraines are just horrible, I have recently had my first aura. Yooopie.

June 14, 2006 at 6:18:00 p.m. GMT+2  
Blogger Zhoen said...

It's Rx drugs for me, none of the others do a thing. But All the Gods Bless Tiger Balm.

Hope you are better now. You know you have my sympathies.

June 15, 2006 at 2:37:00 p.m. GMT+2  

Post a Comment

<< Home