Wednesday, July 26, 2006

In which he talks about the weather again

storm cloud lit by sunset
sunsetcloud
Originally uploaded by udge.
Nothing new here, nothing to see, move along. The high point of my day was having cappuccino and a chocolate croissant at the Café Eberhard this morning.

This is the last cloud of the day lit by the last sunlight of the day. As I took the photo, I thought that the bulge in the middle looked like Elton John, but I can't see it now.

I really must find a better weather service than Apple's default "Accuweather" widget. It may live up to its name in America, but the thing is less than useless in Europe. As the storm clouds built up this afternoon, I had a look: the forecast was for "brilliant sunshine." An hour later, as the rain fell so thickly that I couldn't see to the end of the street, I had another look: current conditions "brilliant sunshine," forecast "brilliant sunshine." Bah.

The swallows are still here.

5 Comments:

Blogger sirbarrett said...

Good for the swallows. With my father being a farmer, he likes to listen to some weather channel which is direct satellite readings from the radars in the sky. It's like NORAD or something? Anyway, it's pretty accurate. It reads precipitation and will change instantly, live to the minute, when it's raining where. I was surprised.

July 27, 2006 at 9:02:00 a.m. GMT+2  
Blogger JoeinVegas said...

Well, take a look, up on top of the clouds? Brilliant sunshine!

July 27, 2006 at 9:46:00 p.m. GMT+2  
Blogger Zhoen said...

Have you tried BBC weather? I have NOAA.gov here, but that won't help you at all.

July 29, 2006 at 2:38:00 p.m. GMT+2  
Blogger brooksba said...

Gorgeous clouds! Sorry for the lack of accuracy in the program - I tend to not take most weather reports for accuracy. But then, your weather is probably like what many from Minnesota say, "If you don't like the weather, wait 5 minutes. It will change."

July 31, 2006 at 12:56:00 a.m. GMT+2  
Blogger CarpeDM said...

I would love to see the swallows. I am quite fond of birds.

As Beth says, you can't rely on the weather forecasts around here. I usually just look out the window. You get a lot of weather on the 26th floor.

August 6, 2006 at 6:53:00 p.m. GMT+2  

Post a Comment

<< Home