Saturday, March 04, 2006

Snow falling on Chestnuts

Lines of snow along tree branches.
Originally uploaded by udge.
It's still snowing, and still cold. Will Spring never come?

At least it's pretty snow, just enough to be decorative. I took my new camera with me on my traditional Saturday morning shopping trip/walk downtown, and shot some 60 pictures. Most of them are too grey to be of interest, but ten of the best are on Flickr.

I used to say that it was a waste of money to buy colour film in winter, digital photography doesn't have this effect. The pixels are all free, no matter how many of them or what colour they have.

4 Comments:

Blogger brooksba said...

Awesome picture! I love your take on digital pictures versus film.

March 4, 2006 at 9:08:00 p.m. GMT+1  
Blogger Zhoen said...

(o)

March 4, 2006 at 11:16:00 p.m. GMT+1  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ohhhhh, was 71 degrees here today :)

Snow is beautiful, but I am glad the cold weather is over for us!


Great photo!

March 9, 2006 at 3:32:00 a.m. GMT+1  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

While the picture is beautiful, snow is just snow. I can say it pretties up an otherwise drab winter day, but that's about as nice as I get towards snow.

March 16, 2006 at 5:23:00 p.m. GMT+1  

Post a Comment

<< Home