Sunday, April 27, 2008

Signs of Spring

The swifts (not swallows) are back, four days later than their return last year! I regret to report that I didn't note their departure last autumn, so I can't say how long they were away this winter.

Walking home from my downtown shopping yesterday afternoon, I saw a pair of crows chasing an eagle out of their territory, which I guess means that the 2008 nesting season has begun in earnest.

I've had a mild but very persistent migraine for some 20 hours, from early last night until this afternoon, and the echoes are still ringing. I stayed in bed most of the day, dressing only when I went for a walk an hour ago, and shall be in bed early this evening again.

[Updated] not a migraine, but Föhn fever, because half a dozen other people also had the same symptoms at the same time.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Zhoen said...

(head rub)

So, where is Earnest? And why are they nesting there?

April 28, 2008 at 12:51:00 a.m. GMT+2  
Blogger Udge said...

Boom! boom! ah, the old jokes are the best.

April 28, 2008 at 10:37:00 a.m. GMT+2  

Post a Comment

<< Home