Friday, April 11, 2008

Idle

Took a 90-minute lunchbreak today, walked downtown and had salmon steak and Bratkartoffel with a glass of French white wine at a semi-fastfood place, and very nice it was too. Trees are leafing out all over — and the dandelions are up!

After such a lovely break, I am now finding it very difficult to get back to work. Be strong! I only need another 1.5 hours to make my weekly target. Spent the whole of yesterday plus an hour Tuesday working on a single page of the Münsters' Wiki, the longest and most complicated piece yet. I was absolutely exhausted at the end of it, I found myself yestereve sitting around in SL lost for words. Imagine that: moi, unable to find le mot juste.

I've now spent a week back at Rose Street (and for that matter back at work) after the better part of three weeks off, what with London and bronchitis, and have come to a conclusion. At least some of my discomfort and annoyance here has a biochemical basis: too much caffeine and sugar. It makes me irritable and unconcentrated and vaguely queasy. I am considering making a thermos of Yogi Tea to bring with me each morning, to cut down on my coffee consumption. As for the sugar, I could simply stop going to the local bakery every single morning (and most afternoons too).

Enough. Onwards and upwards, get those damned 90 minutes done.

Shabbat shalom, my dears. I wish you all a delightful and Springlike weekend.

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice to have goals at times. Also great to meet them. Good work.

April 11, 2008 at 4:21:00 p.m. GMT+2  
Blogger Lioness said...

Biochemically, that makes a lot of sense, yes. I'm so proud of you, you're becoming so better at pampering yourself properly!

SL often leaves me speechless, especially the conversations at newbie points. ;)

Shabbat shalom!

April 11, 2008 at 6:43:00 p.m. GMT+2  
Blogger SavtaDotty said...

Shabbat Shalom y'all (that's how they say it in Florida.) Please say a prayer for the traveler: I hope to be home in the Holy Land by Sunday.

April 11, 2008 at 8:41:00 p.m. GMT+2  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, yeah. 'Cause "yogi tea" (whatever the hell that is) will satisfy your quit reasonable craving for coffee.

April 12, 2008 at 5:00:00 p.m. GMT+2  
Blogger Beth said...

I'm trying to cut down on sugar too, Udge. Good luck!

April 14, 2008 at 3:42:00 p.m. GMT+2  

Post a Comment

<< Home