Monday, April 07, 2008

Oral fun

Went to the dentist this morning for the third stage of the treatment (previously cleaning, and replacing a broken-off bit on the right). A gold crown that was put on X years ago came unsealed (without falling out) and the tooth started decaying below it; because of the softening, the tooth developed micro-cracks which are the reason why it hurt when I bit down on something hard with that tooth. The official statement is that we will give the tooth six months to stabilize, then see how bad the cracking is; depending on its condition, it will either get a new cap (to hold it together) or be replaced.

At home now with a pair of lips that don't close properly, a drill-induced throbbing headache, and a vague case of the blues. Bronchitis is much better, at least. I shall have today off to whine and moan, and start back at Rose Street on the translation tomorrow.

Historical accuracy compels me to note that I was awake, insomnified, this morning at 4 a.m., woken from happy dreams strangely enough; resisted the urge to get up, and fell asleep again after half an hour or so.

Damn but it's cold today, 2° C at present. Miso soup is called for, I think.

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

Blogger Lioness said...

I've just finished blogging abt Second Life ans yes, I still want to throttle you. It might just be my ruin.

I actually slept in the sense that although it wasn't much at all I was able to get up and go to school. How refreshing after this past week!

The drill is the pits, the absolute pits. Take something. It's raining here. Again. So much for bloody Spring.

April 7, 2008 at 2:16:00 p.m. GMT+2  
Blogger Corvi, Corey, Crow, Maggie and Raven said...

I'm sorry to hear about your tooth, Udge. Hope that you have great meds, if you take such things.

Lioness, I have to admit, I'm glad you have the bug...

Hope to see you soon!

April 7, 2008 at 8:45:00 p.m. GMT+2  
Blogger Udge said...

Lioness: my pleasure, glad to be of service. And: I did warn you, several times...

Corvi et al: have done, thank you. I am quietly confident that tomorrow will be a better day.

April 7, 2008 at 10:43:00 p.m. GMT+2  
Blogger Dale said...

Hugs --

April 7, 2008 at 11:07:00 p.m. GMT+2  
Blogger Snark said...

Now's when I'd be saying, "God, get off my back!" But I have to admit to envying you your winter. Here, when it's not raining, it's in the upper seventies. I'm not ready to ditch the fireplace, and I'm sure not ready for summer, my most hated season. Winter's my favorite, because in North Carolina, it's a/c weather April through November. Blech.

Get well soon.

April 8, 2008 at 1:22:00 a.m. GMT+2  
Blogger JoeinVegas said...

Cool today here also, only got up to 25c, but it should be at 32c on Sunday, and in a month most people will wish for cool days again. Sorry for yours and your illnesses.

April 8, 2008 at 3:49:00 a.m. GMT+2  
Blogger Zhoen said...

Poor Udge. A little cayenne in your miso?

April 8, 2008 at 2:19:00 p.m. GMT+2  
Blogger Beth said...

Good luck with it. Always dentally sympathetic here, having gone through much myself. I hope it has stopped hurting by now - pamper it and yourself!

April 12, 2008 at 1:53:00 a.m. GMT+2  

Post a Comment

<< Home