Monday, March 24, 2008

Further adventures of Susan

Readers new to the tale should probably start here to find out about Susan. To set the scene, Biff has just bought a very dramatic outfit, and is trying on hair and skin colours for effect.

Biff: hmm, what do you think?
Susan: mmhmm, a good compromise. Colours work well, strikingly. But if you do wear that purpley corset, your haircolour needs to be stronger.
Biff: I was thinking the same
[...]
Biff: I think it's going to want purple hair
Susan: Absolutely! Mind you I would rather aim for a dark rose madder like the corset, than a purple like your lipstick.
Biff: Agreed
Susan: I am pleased when you agree with my suggestions, because it suggests to me that my femaleness is not ....
Susan: What do I want to say?
Biff: I don't know that aesthetic appreciation is confined to the female sex, but I do understand what you're saying.
Susan: It pleases and *surprises* me that I am able to be this role so well, because neither Udge nor [my RL name] ever had this acute a fashion or colour sense.
Biff: Now that is fascinating
Susan: Isn't it just?
Susan: How many personalities do we all have, hiding away, waiting for a crack in the shell?

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

And, just who is this Biff that Susan is having this conversation with? hmmm

March 24, 2008 at 3:29:00 p.m. GMT+1  
Blogger Udge said...

Not who you're thinking of :-) A friend that Susan made in the seminar group, you've never met her.

March 24, 2008 at 4:51:00 p.m. GMT+1  
Blogger Dale said...

:-) Indeed.

March 25, 2008 at 5:20:00 a.m. GMT+1  
Blogger Lioness said...

An Udge called Susan, a Biff that's female, Susan discussing colour-coordination, it's all too much for me! :D

You can take the brill bits of Susan and transplant them into your own life, and that way NO MORE TUCKED IN SHIRTS, oh bliss!

*arhem*

March 25, 2008 at 11:34:00 a.m. GMT+1  

Post a Comment

<< Home