Thursday, March 06, 2008

Trivia, Thursday edition

Winter has returned, it is clear, sunny and cold again. Relatively cold, of course, a mere -1°C; not to be compared with Canadian winters. But there was ice on the Feuersee again as I walked past it this morning.

Not much new. Working in Rose Street, enjoying the view of the neighbourhood. G reminded me again yesterday that they might have to rescind the offer (that I may work here) if their business picks up so far that they need to hire someone, or equally if it drops so low that they need to rent out space. I find this on the one hand understandable but on the other somewhat shitty, because it suggests that they did not intend the offer very seriously.

The search for a new apartment continues. I have learned a bit about where and how I don't want to live. Call this a "work in progress."

Reading, cleaning, using my new toothbrush (more about this later). Life goes on.

I have become active in the Second Life community, as it were, by editing and adding to the various SL wikis, and have recently signed up as a volunteer mentor for newcomers. The idea is that we (mentors) hang around Orientation Island (the very first part of SL that you see after creating yourself) and the various in-world Help Island areas, and offer advice, encouragement, information and general guidance to those in need. This is very new, I have just completed the training, so I can't comment on what it's like to be one; but I as have been offering advice, encouragement etc. nearly from day one anyway, it is unlikely to be a great shock to my system.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You do make a good advice giver.

March 6, 2008 at 4:57:00 p.m. GMT+1  
Blogger Lioness said...

Trying to leave a comment, cannot for string 2 thoughts together.

Need caffeine, will be back.

March 7, 2008 at 8:06:00 a.m. GMT+1  
Blogger Pacian said...

A very suitable Second Job, methinks.

March 8, 2008 at 5:31:00 p.m. GMT+1  

Post a Comment

<< Home