Monday, December 10, 2007

Blah

Feeling a bit miserable and sorry for myself these days, what with Christmas looming over us, and fiftieth birthdays being celebrated and my own beginning to cast a shadow over next summer, and my mother's seventy-fifth birthday today and my father's upcoming eightieth birthday in May. So much time gone by, poured away in idleness and inattention. Blah.

Go read Doris Lessing's Nobel Prize for Literature acceptance speech A hunger for books (courtesy of Jean).

Go see Harold and Maude (courtesy of Zhoen).

Go see this week's secrets, some of which are just heartrending. (Do watch the video.)

Labels: , , , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Zhoen said...

Be brave, dear Udge.

December 11, 2007 at 3:58:00 a.m. GMT+1  
Blogger JoeinVegas said...

Saw Harold & Maude a long time ago. Do you plan on having an affair with an older woman, or do you just plan on telling about the existing one?

December 11, 2007 at 5:05:00 a.m. GMT+1  
Blogger Diana said...

If Harold and Maude isn't enough to make you smile, then that is some funk, indeed, my friend.

December 11, 2007 at 3:17:00 p.m. GMT+1  
Blogger Diana said...

And 50 is the new 40, didn't you know?

December 11, 2007 at 3:18:00 p.m. GMT+1  
Blogger Udge said...

thanks, Diana, I shall remember that! I hope it is so, because 40 was pretty good.

Thanks to Zhoen and Joe for the good wishes too.

December 11, 2007 at 3:34:00 p.m. GMT+1  
Blogger Beth said...

Yes, cheer up and be glad that Doris wasn't talking to you! I only wish I could worry about 50 but it's receding fast. You'll survive but I know it feels...unbelievable. Hugs.

December 12, 2007 at 12:15:00 a.m. GMT+1  

Post a Comment

<< Home