Sunday, December 02, 2007

Weekend off, in a way.

Lazy weekend, which as usual actually means being quite busy in non-financially-productive ways. I spent some more time in the office cleaning up and interfering with offering helpful advice to the model-building team for the second competition. Apparently the first will be judged tomorrow! How exciting.

I finished reading "Lonesome Dove" and found it wonderful but very sad. The ending is quite grim and has a sad taste of loneliness and defeat. Nonetheless highly recommended, the best book on the settling of the West that I know.

Wrote a few new Second Life scripts (a chiming meditation timer for M2, interior lights that turn themselves on when the sun sets) and made my first small contributions to the SL scripting-language Wiki. Waiting now to attend the next in the occasional series of seminars on avatars and identity that I blogged about some time back, after which I shall go straight to bed without passing Go.

The weather has changed again and is now blowing violent gusts of wind in all directions, and the coffee and biscuits that I had with G and U in the office an hour ago is sitting heavily in my stomach.

It feels odd not to have any numbers to write down here.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Zhoen said...

You could put random numbers down. Or count up.

December 2, 2007 at 11:55:00 p.m. GMT+1  
Blogger SavtaDotty said...

So glad you got to read The Lonesome Dove. It's odd that all I remember about it now is the great writing and the feeling of Place, not the ending. I guess I'm a Process Person, not a Bottom Line Person.

December 3, 2007 at 9:48:00 a.m. GMT+1  

Post a Comment

<< Home