Thursday, December 06, 2007

Stuck in neutral

I seem to have nothing to say or do these days, now that NaBloPoMo is over and the translation has come to a natural break between the application itself (finished) and its associated documentation (the Münsters are considering how—technically—to proceed). I spend whole days sitting around drinking coffee and reading, or doing script-related stuff in Second Life.

Bought four cases of wine with G tonight, for his official birthday party on Saturday, at a local taste-before-you-buy place. Good fun, I came home slightly buzzed and ravenously hungry. Would rather have had olives after the wine, but found only chocolate. Ah well.

So as a kind of apology for my silence and blatherings here's some worthwhile stuff: thoughts on The End from Wil Shipley, some wonderful long-exposure night photos from Noel Kerns, and a very long but fascinating article by Errol Morris (yes, the filmmaker) about truth and photography, a geek's delight if ever there was one.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Zhoen said...

Re: your links

If half of all marriages end in divorce, just think about how the other half end.

I like the argument against the "obvious." Anything defended as being "obvious" needs to be examined much more closely.

Neutral is better than reverse. Unless you have your nose stuck.

December 7, 2007 at 1:45:00 a.m. GMT+1  
Blogger Diddums said...

If you're still looking for something to do, come and vote on the poll in my emergency Blogspot side bar... so far it only has one vote.

(More huffing).

The explaining post is on my Blogigo blog (see My Webpage link in Blogspot profile).

December 7, 2007 at 1:35:00 p.m. GMT+1  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Reading about the photographs - I am impressed that the author is paid to take the time to discuss, research and even take a trip over there just because of two sentences about two photographs. Wow.
JoeInVegas (because blogger will not let me long in as myself)

December 7, 2007 at 7:18:00 p.m. GMT+1  

Post a Comment

<< Home