Friday, June 08, 2007

Friday

Camino_group
Just came indoors after sitting on the balcony for a while enjoying the cool of the evening. The weather has been wonderful: sunny and warm with a gentle breeze. Just now it was cool and pleasantly humid, with a breeze from the west. The bats are out, as are the stars. This would be ideal for going for a walk around the Feuersee were I not so tired.

I made my first Campari & water of the summer season to drink on the balcony, also very pleasant. Cheers!

In other news I am still sorting and organizing the 1085 photos and seven short movies (for the sake of the ambient sound: wind and birdsong) that I took in Spain. The best of these will be posted to Flickr in due course.

Today's Friday Favourite is for once not a download: Leonard Cohen's "Hallelujah" as sung by the late Jeff Buckley, which has been on repeat constantly since I got home. I heard it for the first time in Spain, it's the soundtrack to the final minutes of the film Die fetten Jahre sind vorbei which was on RTL one evening, I happened to click onto that station and was just enthralled. Such a wonderful, moving song. I disliked Cohen's music during my youth because I couldn't get past his own awful voice and stuffy delivery. It's only in recent years as I have heard others singing his songs that I have come to appreciate what a brilliant writer he is. Do yourselves a favour, go buy it on iTunes. (I can't post it here because I did buy it on iTunes so it won't work on your computer. Don't faff about, just go spend the money. Honestly, you won't regret it.)

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i love this film and that song is so very suitable for that very end.
yours, die Erziehungsberechtigten

June 10, 2007 at 12:38:00 p.m. GMT+2  

Post a Comment

<< Home