Thursday, August 03, 2006

Awake

clouds at sunrise
sunrise
Originally uploaded by udge.
... since about 4:45. The sun is about to rise, and I am about to go back to bed. Too tired.

One thing I haven't considered in evaluating the causes of my occasional insomnia, is whether the day in question is a working day (meaning, whether I have an appointment out-of-house). It occurred to me that I rise earlier and easier on days when I shall not be working with the architects, than on days when I shall. Today, for example, is the start of a four-day weekend, because G and U will be in Bavaria for a site meeting. I find this a sad comment on the job, given that we are good friends outside of work, but so be it.

The weather has broken, at least for a while: it was actually cold on the balcony this morning. The swallows were right to leave when they did, this feels like Autumn. And I feel like I'm catching a cold.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger brooksba said...

Pretty picture.

Do you think you're just excited to have days off? I find it hard to get out of bed on days when I have to work, no matter how much I love my job.

August 3, 2006 at 10:38:00 a.m. GMT+2  
Blogger Jenni said...

I too find it more and more difficult to drag myself out of bed when it's a working day.

I wish it had been "cold" a few weeks ago when I was visiting Germany.....several days it was downright "hot"! And that's coming from a Texas girl!

August 3, 2006 at 2:45:00 p.m. GMT+2  
Blogger * said...

didn't the saying go: early to bed and early to rise or just no sleep at all?
There is nothing like insomniablogging - yet it is too dark here to photograph the sunrise, so you're ahead of the game...:)
And now that you say it, I as well don't have to leave the house today and am in general more! & earlier awake on these days. Insomnia is so much nicer when one has the day of. And now breakfast....

August 4, 2006 at 3:35:00 a.m. GMT+2  

Post a Comment

<< Home