Saturday, December 31, 2005

Awake

... and blogging while the milk for my hot chocolate boils, my usual insomnia remedy or treat. I slept about three hours (2 REM cycles) then woke with strange dreams, the details of which I shall spare you.

The snow has stopped and the air is very clear, common after a snow- or rainfall. Stuttgart is very humid, even in winter; this is noticeable as reduced visibility across the valley. This change of air (from precipitation to very dry) often happens when the wind is from the southwest, as tonight. There is a storm on the way, with force 9 winds and mixed snow and freezing rain forecast. We shall see.

And so to bed; to sleep, perchance to dream.

In case this should be my last post of the year (very likely): Happy new year! May 2006 be peaceful, successful and happy.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Zhoen said...

Happy New Year, may you prosper and write a lot.

January 1, 2006 at 4:00:00 p.m. GMT+1  
Blogger brooksba said...

Happy New Year! I hope you do have happy dreams when the sleep arrives!

January 2, 2006 at 2:05:00 a.m. GMT+1  

Post a Comment

<< Home