Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Home maintenance

I am surrounded by hordes of plumbers (well, two plumbers) fixing a gas leak created by the city services company when they last replaced the meter. This involves tearing out the main gas line for the entire building where it runs through my bathroom (a thick iron pipe) and replacing it. The apartment is full of gas fumes, noise and dirt, and the smell of burning from their welding gear. I had foolishly imagined that I could use this at-home time for posting more about Venice, but that will have to wait: the smell of burning is not conducive to relaxed and happy holiday posting.

Live as-it-happens update: a dropped wrench has just shattered the shelf above the sink. It's going to be a long day.

3 Comments:

Blogger CarpeDM said...

Oh, good Lord. Two plumbers sounds like a horde to me.

I hope your day goes somewhat better and that this gets fixed soon. Oh, and that they pay for your shelf.

October 4, 2005 at 5:18:00 p.m. GMT+2  
Blogger Lioness said...

Where's that German competence, is what I want to know. I could cry just from reading this. You poor, poor man... *Seufze* GOOD LUCK.

October 4, 2005 at 6:31:00 p.m. GMT+2  
Blogger SavtaDotty said...

Just make sure they don't cut your grounding wires in the process like my plumbers did. They did work on all the apartments in my building, but only tried to electrocute me! I don't want to scare you, but I do want you to stay alive and blogging!

October 5, 2005 at 12:59:00 p.m. GMT+2  

Post a Comment

<< Home