Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Supermarket

I'm getting quite excited about Venice. This morning on the way to work, with the tickets in my pocket, I was remembering the shops in the neighbourhood of the apartment we've rented, and deciding where I would buy our breakfast croissants on Saturday. (This responsibility too has devolved to me, since I am usually up hours before anyone else).

I've written before about my preference for returning to well-known places, and Venice is a prime example. The apartment is not one that we have been in before, but the landlady and the building itself are very familiar. There is a good (small) supermarket around the corner, and a bakery beyond it, and opposite that a butcher who comes from a country town just south of Stuttgart. Small world indeed.

And all of this goodness, dear readers, is a mere six minutes on foot away from the Piazza San Marco. Go ahead, pretend you're not envious.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

oh i'm envious ... i've always wanted to go to Venice ... it sounds impossibly romantic ... :>

September 22, 2005 at 4:42:00 a.m. GMT+2  
Blogger CarpeDM said...

I am extremely jealous and am looking forward to seeing the pictures when you get back. You will be taking pictures, right?

September 23, 2005 at 5:12:00 p.m. GMT+2  

Post a Comment

<< Home