Friday, July 15, 2005

What's on my iPod

As of this evening, my iPod (named "Lucy") contains:

Johann Sebastian Bach (cello suites, Goldberg variations)
Béla Bartók (violin duos)
Ludwig van Beethoven (string quartets, piano concertos)
Gavin Bryars (Sinking of the Titanic)
Harold Budd (Pavilion of dreams)
Nick Cave (everything since Murder Ballads)
Pino Daniele (Come un Gelato all'Equatore)
Miles Davis (Kind of blue, In a silent way)
Brian Eno (Discreet music, Evening star)
Brian Eno and David Byrne (My Life in the Bush of Ghosts)
Donald Fagin (Kamakiriad, The Nightfly)
John Lee Hooker (The Healer, Mister Lucky)
Son House (The original Delta Blues)
Elmore James (collected)
Antonio Carlos Jobim (bits and pieces)
Robert Johnson (collected)
Youssou N'Dour (Wommat, Eyes Open)
Arvo Pärt (everything)
Steve Reich (nearly everything)
Jack Semple (Qu'Appelle)
Steely Dan (everything)
Barbara Thompson (Songs from the Centre of the Earth)

What's on your iPod?

4 Comments:

Blogger sirbarrett said...

Hey! Your ipod and my guitar have the same name! They both produce music and I'm assuming you love your Lucy too. Well, we don't need to fight over her. We each have one of our own.

July 16, 2005 at 1:21:00 a.m. GMT+2  
Blogger Fred said...

Anything late 70s and 80s, especially Jethro Tull, Bruce Springsteen, Billy Joel, Southside Johnny & The Asbury Jukes, and The Moody Blues. Also, every song from The Doors.

I didn't realize there was music recorded after 1989.

July 16, 2005 at 5:25:00 a.m. GMT+2  
Blogger SavtaDotty said...

Make that after 1980, Fred, and you've got me positioned. I don't even have an iPod. In fact, I'm sorry I didn't shlep my 33rpm record collection with me to Israel, so all I have is lots of cassette tapes and some CDs. At least I did bring all the music books: Bach, Beethoven, Chopin, Mozart, Cole Porter, Tom Lehrer, Best of Broadway, etc. etc. And the Steinway baby grand piano.

July 16, 2005 at 11:45:00 a.m. GMT+2  
Blogger Fred said...

Sav: At least you didn't say your music was on 8-track tapes. That would have really been some old stuff.

July 16, 2005 at 3:29:00 p.m. GMT+2  

Post a Comment

<< Home