Wednesday, December 08, 2004

Flattery

I was at a one-day training session recently, at the offices of a software company. The regional manager has an elderly dog that doesn't like being alone, so he takes her to work every day where she sleeps under his desk.

At lunch, we trainees went out to lunch with the lecturers and the aforementioned regional manager. As we assembled in the parking lot, his secretary was leading Steffi (the dog, named because she loves tennis balls) out for a walk. Steffi saw us and came running over - to me. She ignored her master and ran up to me with her tail going like she thought it were a propeller.

Order was eventually restored, and the rest of the day passed peacefully. As I was heading off on foot to the train station, the manager pulled up and offered me a lift. With one small catch: he drives a two-seater, and the passenger footspace was already filled by Steffi. OK, I can deal with that. So I open the door, Steffi looks up and the ol' tail starts thumping again.

Does anybody else feel flattered when somebody's pet likes you, or am I being silly again?

1 Comments:

Blogger Silly Old Bear said...

It's not just you.

I'm fortunate that many dogs seem to like me. Couldn't tell you why, but it seems to happen a lot.

December 8, 2004 at 9:18:00 p.m. GMT+1  

Post a Comment

<< Home