Tuesday, April 02, 2013

Autopilot

Just had a strange little brain fart (as we in the trade call it). To set the scene, I'm in the kitchen intending to make tea. The teapot is sitting there with its lid on, still holding the dregs of last night's cuppa. Next to it is the coffee maker, and next to that the kettle which is coming to boil. While standing around, I notice that the coffee maker is closed, and intuit that this morning's used filter is still in it. So I open the little door and take the filter out, toss it in the bin, and walk to where the tealeaves are waiting — next to the coffee filters. I pick up a coffee filter and put it in the maker, then go back to get the tealeaves. I measure two teaspoons of leaves into the filter … and then suddenly wake up because I am caught in a dilemma. Two is the right number of spoonfuls-of-tealeaves, but the wrong number of spoonfuls-of-stuff-in-a-coffee-filter. I don't know what to do!

Fascinating to see one's thought processes at work.

3 Comments:

Blogger Dale said...

Hee! Yes.

April 3, 2013 at 1:45:00 a.m. GMT+2  
Blogger Unknown said...

You ARE sure you were awake at this point, yes?

May 10, 2013 at 3:08:00 p.m. GMT+2  
Blogger Zhoen said...

This is why I have to lay everything out the night before, and I still nearly made my hot cereal with tea in it.

May 23, 2013 at 3:33:00 a.m. GMT+2  

Post a Comment

<< Home