Monday, June 06, 2011

Awake (pre-birthday edition)

Woke at 5:30 after around three and a half hours' sleep. Milk is cooking for hot chocolate, and I am hoping to get back to sleep after writing this note.

Had a good day yesterday at the racetrack in Baden-Baden with G and U and their kids, despite torrential rain on the way there and a dead car battery and nearly 90 minutes of delay in tailbacks on the autobahn on the return journey. I spent … well, I did actually write down my costs and winnings race by race but I can't see the programme and I am too lazy to get up and look for it. Say that I bet roughly thirty Euros on six races and won roughly five Euros. Still, an enjoyable day.

Work is in a strange phase at the moment. There's not much for us to do except manage the last weeks of thrashing panic on the building site. G is on site 2.5 days a week, so Whiner and I are working 2.5 days a week in the office. Eight weeks until the opening celebrations, and there remains a metric fuckton of work to be done. It's going to be an interesting time (in the sense of that famous Chinese curse).

I'm spending most of the resulting free time in Azeroth, to be honest, levelling my discipline priest characters. (Funny, just spent a few minutes with google, trying to find a website that would give a reasonable overview of what WoW is; failed. Here's the official home page.)

All right, back to bed. Wish me luck.

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

Anonymous Sis said...

Good luck!

June 7, 2011 at 1:00:00 a.m. GMT+2  
Blogger JoeinVegas said...

Oh no, another game I have to try - the box has been on my shelf for three years.
Are you guys entering another competition, so that you'll have work after this building is finished?

June 16, 2011 at 5:41:00 p.m. GMT+2  
Blogger Aggers said...

How many kilos in a metric fuckton?

June 26, 2011 at 1:22:00 p.m. GMT+2  
Blogger Udge said...

I did indeed get back to sleep, thankfully. My sleep has been poor to middling this spring/summer, possibly due to weather, possibly due to stress. In practice the 2.5 days have expanded to five despite G's absence; I just hang around to meet him in the evenings and on weekends.

Joe, we have been selected for three more competitions, all due September. God has a twisted sense of humour.

June 26, 2011 at 7:49:00 p.m. GMT+2  
Blogger * said...

happy belated birthday, udge.

August 22, 2011 at 9:05:00 a.m. GMT+2  

Post a Comment

<< Home