Saturday, June 21, 2008

The obliquity of the ecliptic

This year has stood still for me since about March, it came as a shock to walk past a laurel bush today on my way downtown and smell the scent of bygone summers in Italy.

On a whim I went to the Skybeach, a waterless inland beach atop the Kaufhof parking garage in beautiful downtown Stuttgart. It's the first time I have been there, though it has been open for five years now (summer only as far as I know). Very pleasant indeed, though the loud music might become annoying on repeated exposure; this might replace the terrace of the Kunstmuseum as my favourite chilling spot.

And now, a little work on my database.

Happy Solstice, my dears. Enjoy the weekend.

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Zhoen said...

Glad you found an oasis to suit.

June 21, 2008 at 4:55:00 p.m. GMT+2  
Blogger Dale said...

Happy Solstice!

June 22, 2008 at 6:44:00 a.m. GMT+2  
Blogger Pacian said...

Ecliptic: Me?! Oblique?! You're the one with the wonky axis. And you spelled my name wrong.

:-P

June 22, 2008 at 11:34:00 a.m. GMT+2  
Blogger Udge said...

Egad, you're right. A thousand apologies.

June 22, 2008 at 2:38:00 p.m. GMT+2  
Blogger Corvi, Corey, Crow, Maggie and Raven said...

It sounds lovely...

June 22, 2008 at 4:50:00 p.m. GMT+2  
Blogger JoeinVegas said...

Sand doesn't make a beach, you really do need some water attached to it.

June 23, 2008 at 6:01:00 p.m. GMT+2  

Post a Comment

<< Home