Wednesday, May 28, 2008

On finding another way to become tired

Just back from an evening with Princess, a pleasant dinner on her balcony with a gentle French rosé wine and the cries of the circling swifts, followed by a half-hour of badminton under the streetlights. It's quite an amusing sport if taken lightly, but also a surprisingly good work-out. I haven't played badminton in about 35 years, not since summer evening games in our back yard as a child, and I must say that I enjoyed it greatly. I might even be inclined to do this again sometime.

It's midnight and the temperature outside is still 25°C, so I guess that this is officially, really, truly summer. I have showered and shampooed and am now off to bed, where I shall probably sleep like a log and wake like a pile of rusty iron junk, creaking and groaning.

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Zhoen said...

I think I'd enjoy a physical, outdoor, game like that.

I wake up like that, too.

May 28, 2008 at 1:45:00 a.m. GMT+2  
Blogger Dale said...

what fun!

May 28, 2008 at 2:39:00 a.m. GMT+2  
Blogger Pacian said...

Bah. It's quite cold here now. Ever since I put a bottle of mineral water in the fridge.

I'm not taking it out, as a matter of principle.

May 28, 2008 at 10:35:00 p.m. GMT+2  
Blogger JoeinVegas said...

You seem to be enjoying the summertime. Hope it lasts

May 30, 2008 at 6:14:00 p.m. GMT+2  
Blogger Jean said...

Quiet these days from over in your direction. I hope change, or not change, is quietly brewing as Summer comes.

oh dear, very rude word verification, which I shall not repeat :-)

June 2, 2008 at 11:47:00 a.m. GMT+2  
Blogger Udge said...

Jean, something is definitely brewing, even if only the hefty storm that has threatened every evening for the last week.

June 2, 2008 at 4:46:00 p.m. GMT+2  
Blogger Lioness said...

It's midnight and the temperature outside is still 25°C?! *screams like a bleeding banshee*

WTF?? We haven't had that sort of night weather in ages, not to mention the daily one, which is absolutely rotten. Germany with higher temps than Portugal, that's unnatural!

Badmington is fun.

June 4, 2008 at 12:11:00 p.m. GMT+2  

Post a Comment

<< Home