Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Midweek mellow

It was such a lovely evening as I left the office at 8 p.m., that instead of going home I turned the other way and walked downtown for a beer and a ciabatta at the Kunstmuseum. The city was very quiet, I guess most people were indoors in front of a TV set waiting for the football matches to start (right now it's Greece 1, Spain 1; and Russia 2, Sweden 0). Unlike last time, there have been no public superscreens set up for us to watch the matches, but then again Germany isn't host nation this time.

Actually, getting downtown was not as easy as that makes it sound. Three times I turned back towards home, because I didn't want to spend the money, or because I would be late to meet my friends in SL; three times I had to kick myself in the arse and tell myself not to be a fool. The deciding argument was this: "The year is wearing on and you are getting older. How many more such evenings will there be?"

I hope your evenings will be as nice as this, my dears.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Zhoen said...

Lovely.

June 18, 2008 at 11:42:00 p.m. GMT+2  
Blogger Dale said...

Good for you!

June 19, 2008 at 6:04:00 a.m. GMT+2  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That was a convincing argument and you made the right choice. I did something similar today.

June 19, 2008 at 1:01:00 p.m. GMT+2  
Blogger JoeinVegas said...

Don't look back, but keep asking yourself 'why not?'

June 19, 2008 at 9:36:00 p.m. GMT+2  

Post a Comment

<< Home