Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Last day

I am so very much looking forward to being home again, and having this job behind me. Not that it hasn't been fun at times, but it has been such hard work, such long hours, and there have been so many incidental frustrations.

Yesterday was sunny, so I finally managed to do something that I've been meaning to do for three weeks: I walked around the Alster to the office. Hooray for me. It's a nice, easy walk through parkland and relatively quiet residential areas. Today is grey and windy, so I'm blogging instead.

One more day. Eyes closed and thinking of England.

Labels:

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

poor brave udge. there is nothing like coming home in one's own imperfect possibly untidyed cosy flat and drinking and eating from one's very own plates. Hope you have some decent rest when you are back home.

August 21, 2007 at 10:45:00 a.m. GMT+2  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

England?

August 21, 2007 at 8:53:00 p.m. GMT+2  
Blogger Udge said...

"Close your eyes and think of England" was the advice (allegedly) given by Queen Victoria to her daughter on/about her wedding night. Meaning: "it's a dirty, distasteful business but the Empire needs a Crown Prince to ensure the succession, so do your duty m'dear."

The phrase is quite common still, it appeals to the English underdog putting-up-with-it spirit.

August 21, 2007 at 11:12:00 p.m. GMT+2  
Blogger Zhoen said...

I always so miss my own pillow.

August 22, 2007 at 12:08:00 a.m. GMT+2  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks very much for the explanation.

Distasteful business??

August 22, 2007 at 6:56:00 p.m. GMT+2  
Blogger Udge said...

Again: in the sense of Queen Victoria...

August 23, 2007 at 1:05:00 a.m. GMT+2  

Post a Comment

<< Home