Thursday, February 01, 2007

Tired part the last

Finished at last, thank God, an hour before the submission deadline. I am absolutely knackered, my shoulders and upper arms hurt, my heart is thumping (partly due to a recent change in weather). Friday off, no work on the weekend (though G and U persist in not believing this).

This is the first time in at least ten days, possibly two weeks, that I've come home during daylight (ok, twilight). I look forward to seeing the sun tomorrow, and tomorrow, and tomorrow. I heard birds singing on my way home, and was surprised to realize how out of touch with Nature and the season I have become in these few days. I have no idea whether these were "normal" over-wintering birds which I could have heard at any daylit hour (and hence haven't heard), or whether the spring migration north has already started.

Now: lunch (yes, my lunchbreak at ten to six p.m.) and then to bed.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger mark drago said...

ah well. nothing like a well-deserved rest, anyway.

February 1, 2007 at 7:36:00 p.m. GMT+1  
Blogger JoeinVegas said...

Congratulations on completing it - now the waiting for the judging part. Good luck

February 2, 2007 at 8:22:00 a.m. GMT+1  

Post a Comment

<< Home