Sunday, February 11, 2007

Sunday, lazy day

The sky is mottled grey and speaks of gentle rain towards evening; the air is cool and moist with a gentle breeze. I've been awake for a few hours now, drinking coffee and reading P.G.Wodehouse in bed, and would be there still but for my abhorrence for lying amid breadcrumbs. Most pleasant.

[Updated two hours later: the sun is setting and it has started to rain. Colour me "smug."]

My friends and acquaintances are all ageing, as most people do. Yesterday was Famous Photographer's fiftieth birthday celebration; there will be three more this year and at least five in 2008. The party was a pleasant jaunt that went on until 3am (for myself, others were still going strong as I left). We danced like untamed gazelles and ate and drank in reasonable moderation (I drank two glasses of Sekt before switching to water, and noticed many other guests doing the same). I met the Czech woman from G's birthday party again and danced for a few hours with her; we agreed that we would join a tango club together, so I shall get that sorted out soon. I shall have to think of a suitable anonym for her.

FP has broken up with his companion of eighteen years, after drifting apart during the last few years. In retrospect it's clear that this was happening: they took separate holidays and had separate hobbies (to the extent of singing in different choirs), and it has been a long time since they attended any public event together. She moved out on the morning of the party, leaving the cat and no forwarding address.

In other news here's another favourite song (6.8Mb MP3) and the Amazon page of the album it's taken from. This will be available until 3pm CET tomorrow. Again, no names or titles in comments please, I don't want any over-eager record company lawyers googling them and finding me.

My sister reports that importing Friday's song into her Mac iTunes revealed all the author/title/album info, I would be grateful if a Windows iTunes user could try this and report whether it works there too (I'm guessing that it will).

In other, other news I've upgraded to the newly non-beta Blogger2. Everything looks OK so far; if you find any problems or oddities please let me know.

Labels: , , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger * said...

dear udge,
as for betablogger the labels below the post are really really tiny to read. Otehrwise it looks ok.

February 12, 2007 at 1:39:00 a.m. GMT+1  
Blogger Udge said...

Thanks, I've enlarged them somewhat. I want to keep them visually distinct from the "content" and changing size seemed the easiest way.

February 12, 2007 at 10:57:00 a.m. GMT+1  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

From here it seems that your posts have all been pushed to the bottom of the page. I have read the last ones only now because I thought that they weren't showing up any longer.
[Since nobody else mentioned the fact, the problem must concern just me]

February 14, 2007 at 9:04:00 p.m. GMT+1  
Blogger Udge said...

May, that's odd. I have seen something like what I imagine you are seeeing on other blogs. Could you please describe your system and which browser you are using, so that I can check this out? (Mail me if you want to keep it private.)

February 14, 2007 at 10:43:00 p.m. GMT+1  

Post a Comment

<< Home