Monday, September 18, 2006

In transit

Blogging in Regina airport, waiting for my 90-minute flight west to Calgary where I will change for an eastbound flight to Toronto. Such is life under capitalism. Explain to me how flying one plane eastwards from Regina to Toronto (as Air Canada does) can possibly be more expensive than flying two planes west and then east (as WestJet does). No, don't bother.

I had a nice visit, as the Westerners say. Lots of good (vegetarian) food, much conversation, dogwalking in the early hours followed by still more conversations until the slugs kids and my sister's husband get up.

Next stop Toronto, as I said: more good food, more conversation, plus the added attraction of a big-city downtown area with many large bookshops. I doubt that I'll beat (not even equal) the Lioness' record of bringing 115 books back from her holiday in Canada in 2004/5, but I shall do my very best.

The Ring Cycle starts tomorrow evening.

Harpier cries; 'tis time, 'tis time.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger brooksba said...

How exciting! And now I realize that I asked a dumb question. Regina is the city, not the new name of the mini Mac. Sorry!

Good hospitality and good food - could you ask for more in a visit? I'm excited for your days at the opera.

September 18, 2006 at 10:37:00 p.m. GMT+2  
Blogger Dale said...

Have a grand Ring!

September 18, 2006 at 11:27:00 p.m. GMT+2  
Blogger Zhoen said...

Oh! That's right, you hadn't posted the countdown recently, and I forgot you were torturing yourself with Wagner. Ahem. Enjoying a classical masterpiece.

Stay warm in Toronto. Those winds can bite.

September 19, 2006 at 12:38:00 a.m. GMT+2  
Blogger sirbarrett said...

I hope you enjoy your trip. Say hi to the CN tower. Btw, it was about 20 degrees celcius in Toronto yesterday (it was 23 here), which is nice and warm right now (it's a little rainy thought). Watch out for falling slugs, I mean kids!

September 19, 2006 at 4:00:00 a.m. GMT+2  

Post a Comment

<< Home