Monday, January 02, 2006

Happy New Year

2005 is behind us now, for better or worse. Personally, I'm sure that 2006 will be a better year in every respect, and I intend to work towards making it so. May it be peaceful, successful, enjoyable and fulfilling for us all. May it be the year in which political and religious leaders worldwide finally acquire as much commonsense, integrity and true spiritual generosity as God gave the average squirrel.

Ade, 2005

Smartmom recently posted a list of Things to like about 2005, which I found a good idea. Here's mine, incomplete and in no particular order.

Meeting Sally and Chirpy.

The seminar.

My first tango lessons.

Learning active meditation.

Reading "Der Fall Judas" and "Don Juan".

Finishing the database project, and seeing it begin to sell in reasonable numbers.

Winning an architectural competition with G and U, and the job that resulted from it.

Long train rides to interesting places.

Holidays in Venice, the Black Forest and elsewhere.

Good friends and family.

The blogging community. It means more than I can express, that you take the time to read and even comment on my trivialities.

Resolutions

My list of resolutions from 2005 could be repeated here without exception, I have started all but accomplished none of them. There are a few new items to be added for 2006:
· Keep my apartment so clean that I could welcome unexpected visitors, rather than fearing them.
Speaks for itself.

· Do the dishes and tidy up the kitchen every night before going to bed.
Just commonsense, really.

· Turn off the computers and go to bed early.
You can help here, dear readers: Should you find me blogging or commenting on your blogs after 9pm CET, please kick my foolish butt.

· Yoga or active meditation at least every other morning.
I enjoy doing it, and I enjoy the results, why not make this a regular habit?

· Tango lessons and/or practice at least once a week.
ditto

· Finally start working with Getting Things Done.
I cannot work more, so I shall have to work better.


That's not too much to ask of oneself, is it?

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

{Turn off the computers and go to bed early.}

I m sure u not gona keep this one.anyways happy new year !

January 2, 2006 at 1:57:00 p.m. GMT+1  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice cartoon !

January 2, 2006 at 1:58:00 p.m. GMT+1  
Blogger brooksba said...

That is a nice list of resolutions! I think they are all obtainable and they are all good things for you.

January 2, 2006 at 10:51:00 p.m. GMT+1  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Several of your resolutions are habits I should incorporate on this side of the pond...

I'll be doing yoga with you ;)

January 3, 2006 at 12:42:00 a.m. GMT+1  
Blogger Zhoen said...

This might help with the yoga/meditation one.
http://days100.blogspot.com/

January 3, 2006 at 2:57:00 p.m. GMT+1  
Blogger Kirsten said...

Frohes neues Jahr, Udge!

January 4, 2006 at 2:25:00 a.m. GMT+1  
Blogger CarpeDM said...

I like the lists of things that people did through out the year. And your resolutions seem reasonable.

That being said, go to bed!

January 5, 2006 at 1:44:00 a.m. GMT+1  

Post a Comment

<< Home