Monday, August 01, 2005

The idiosyncracies meme - tagged

Heather tagged me with yet another meme (it must be summer, people don't have enough work to do :-)

Five personal idiosyncracies:

1) I am the world's biggest slob. Anything that gets put down anywhere, becomes invisible and other things get piled on top of it, which then become invisible too. This continues for weeks or months, until I suddenly have a cleaning binge.

2) Nonetheless, my books and CDs are organized thematically and within that alphabetically by author (composer), and I have no trouble keeping them in order.

3) I collect pens and pencils (in the sense that they gravitate into my pockets). I noticed the other day that I was using a pencil that came from a hotel where I had stayed during a seminar in 1981. The eraser was still pliable.

4) I never leave home without a hat, not even to walk across the street to the bakery. My current favourite is a black loose-weave Kangol.

5) I talk to myself in three languages, depending on which inner voice is addressing whom.

Who gets this next? The recently returned Smartmom (if she hasn't already left for the holidays), Ginga and Savtadotty.

6 Comments:

Blogger nancy oarneire graham said...

That was very fun to read.
I'm a binge cleaner, too.
A kangol looks like a beret made in a mold.
It's wise to save your writing implements.
What language do you dream in?

August 1, 2005 at 12:02:00 p.m. GMT+2  
Blogger Udge said...

I still dream most often in English, but I do have German dreams. I don't dream in French at all. (Those are the three languages in which I talk to myself = to other people who happen not to be physically present).

August 1, 2005 at 12:13:00 p.m. GMT+2  
Blogger nancy oarneire graham said...

C'est triste. La langue des rêves. Si belle, si poétique. Baudelaire, Cocteau, Duras, Rimbaud, Sarraute!

Mais non: vous rêvez dans la langue de Freud.

Très réductif, n'est-ce pas? Sans doute vous répondez: C'est aussi la langue de Goethe, Wagner, Herzog...

Ce soir, peutêtre.

Beaux rêves, udgewink.

August 2, 2005 at 6:56:00 a.m. GMT+2  
Blogger Lioness said...

Oh I do 5 as well!

August 11, 2005 at 1:40:00 p.m. GMT+2  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

January 9, 2007 at 12:53:00 p.m. GMT+1  
Blogger Udge said...

Rot in hell, bottom-feeding blogspam scum!

January 9, 2007 at 1:08:00 p.m. GMT+1  

Post a Comment

<< Home