Wednesday, May 18, 2005

On dentistry

I had a brief and unplanned visit to my dentist's office this morning, to repair my mouthguard which I broke while washing it.

I mentioned in that previous post that my dentist is by all accounts one of the best in the state, colleagues of his who have examined my teeth are impressed, even awed, by the quality of his work. His reputation allows him first choice of assistants and trainees: any dental hygienist of ambition would wish to work in his office, and he has used this to assemble an excellent staff.

There are a round dozen of them, all cheerful, competent, well trained, at ease in the job and with the patients. It's typical of them, for instance, that the assistant who was there to hold the syphon and pass the instruments, spotted that my first mouthguard was wrongly made and drew his atttention to it.

It is surely the purest of coincidences, a mere statistical anomaly, that they are also all very pretty young women, and that he is the only man.

I'm very glad that I am not a dentist, but I do envy him his working environment.

2 Comments:

Blogger brooksba said...

Being one not excited by "very pretty young women", I don't envy your dentist. I did want to say it's good that you have such a great dentist. There are a lot out there in the world that are not good at their trade and it is hard to find a good one. Having a great dentist certainly makes it a bit easier to sit in the torture chair.

May 18, 2005 at 9:07:00 p.m. GMT+2  
Blogger Lioness said...

Oh such a testosteronic post, I loved it!

Actually, I'd much rather have pretty people 10 cm away from my face than ugly ones so yes, hurrah for the smart dentist! I am mostly thrilled abt his proficiency though, teeth are serious business.

May 19, 2005 at 11:04:00 a.m. GMT+2  

Post a Comment

<< Home