Monday, May 09, 2005

Discovery

What we've got heah is: Failure to commun'cate.
Cool Hand Luke

The reason Slim didn't tell me she'd changed her mind, is that she didn't think that we had made a date. We talk and talk and talk, but somehow didn't connect. Fascinating: I have the impression that I often ask when she'd have time to do X or Y, but she cannot find time; she has the impression that I never make concrete proposals, that she has to issue all the invitations. There is (as so often in life) a measure of truth on both sides. Almost all the times we've succeeding in meeting have been at her invitation, because I don't have to find a babysitter: I can drop everything and get on the U-Bahn in response to her last-second invitations, whereas she cannot move without arranging for Larry.

All right, we have learned something there, and having learned we can now deal with it.

Night birds and early risers might have seen a different post in this position. I found it in the end too revealing, or rather: that what it revealed was too sad for words. Thanks to Philip and Red Eft (and my sister) for the impetus to do some concrete thinking about myself and Slim. To be continued.

4 Comments:

Blogger Kirsten said...

Udge, haven't had time to catch up completety, but glad you're still writing.

May 10, 2005 at 3:17:00 p.m. GMT+2  
Blogger Little Light said...

Good luck. Hope it all works out in the end.

May 10, 2005 at 4:43:00 p.m. GMT+2  
Blogger Lioness said...

I wish you smooth sailing, all the way.

May 11, 2005 at 5:58:00 p.m. GMT+2  
Blogger Aleah Sato said...

It's good to hear more about you, udge. I wish you a positive conclusion. Thanks for sharing.

May 11, 2005 at 10:16:00 p.m. GMT+2  

Post a Comment

<< Home