Friday, February 11, 2005

Blogrolling

Permit me to draw your attention to a marvellous piece by Red Eft, poet, meditator, mediator, observer of crows, and indefatigable commenter of blogs.

Actually, I've been meaning for quite a while to do a "blogs I read" list, so here we go. These are the hard core, the regulars whom I visit at least every two days, but there are many more blogs that I read irregularly; and I also make extensive use of the Next Blog button. (Confession: many of these offer an RSS feed, so I get the concentrated goodness via NetNewsWire, rather than actually surfing on down.) Yes, it does take up an amazing amount of time.

Technology
Tim Bray
Jeremy Zawodny
Jeffrey Zeldman
Joel Spolsky
John Gruber
Dan Gillmor
the Socialtext crew

Politics, news, comment
William Gibson
Darren Barefoot
James Wolcott
William S. Lind at Antiwar
billmon at Whiskey Bar
Naomi Klein's No Logo

Real life well described
@nnette
Ben
Dervala
Dooce
Elswhere and her Troll
Jane Crow
Jenny
Jilbur
Jonny B.
June
Just a Girl
Legomen
Little Light
Mindy
Mir
Philip
Red Eft
Rockstar Mommy
Savtadotty
Smartmom
Suzanne
Witho

Unusual blogs
Samuel Pepys' Diary
Former US President Bill Clinton - can this be true?
Blogcam - a list of blogs that have webcams, with pictures. Fascinating.

Apologies to anyone who feels undeservedly left out. Send me an e-mail and tell me where you fit on the list.

8 Comments:

Blogger JaG said...

OMG!!!! I'M NORMAL!!!!

February 12, 2005 at 1:08:00 a.m. GMT+1  
Blogger nancy oarneire graham said...

Deep thanks, udge!

There used to be a journal called Social Text, I thought it was that. Is that your co.?

BTW, Ada is my daughter.

February 12, 2005 at 1:18:00 a.m. GMT+1  
Blogger Udge said...

JaG: yes, other than being Dutch I'd say you are quite normal.

Red: no, SocialText is not my company (wish it was, though: they have invented something really new and worthwhile). I read SocialText as a specific instance of the general reason I spend so much time online: my job as a database programmer is to gather, sort and repackage information. My online time is research, trying to discover what "information" looks like, how to convey the most information with the least resistance.

I think there is a wonderful new way-to-talk-to-each-other being born at the point where Wikis and Blogs meet, and SocialText is among the midwives.

February 12, 2005 at 10:59:00 a.m. GMT+1  
Blogger SavtaDotty said...

I like the "living real lives" part, but the "normal" makes me uncomfortable. My internal editor wants you to revise the category: "Regular people living real lives"
Putting that quibble aside, I am pleased to be included in your blogroll.

February 12, 2005 at 12:07:00 p.m. GMT+1  
Blogger annette said...

Thanks, udge! I'm going to check out the other bloggers on that list ... I mean, if I'm there the others have to be good (*smirk*)

The Bill Clinton diary is a bit hard to believe in that, if it really is BC, wouldn't he have his own domain?

@

February 12, 2005 at 1:22:00 p.m. GMT+1  
Blogger Udge said...

I changed the majority group title, since "certain bloggers" had issues with the word normal. Vox populus, vox deus.

February 12, 2005 at 9:53:00 p.m. GMT+1  
Blogger nancy oarneire graham said...

I'll go out on a limb and say, No. No way is that really Bill Clinton.

February 13, 2005 at 3:02:00 p.m. GMT+1  
Blogger Little Light said...

Real life well described - very cool. Thanks for including me.

February 15, 2005 at 1:59:00 a.m. GMT+1  

Post a Comment

<< Home