Tuesday, November 16, 2004

Useless website

Warning: This will be a bad-tempered, foul-mouthed abusive rant. Anyone not wishing to view same may now safely bail out by clicking on the "Next Blog" button at the top right.

Air Canada has the world's most useless website. It was built by drooling morons who never tested a single aspect of it. They put together some pretty pictures of autumn leaves and said "gee, that's real purty" and forgot entirely that THE DAMN THING WAS SUPPOSED TO BE USEFUL.

Let's play "website". I am a possible customer, I want to give them a buttload of my money. I want to find out about flying from Regina to Toronto. So I type "Regina" into From and "Toronto" into To, pick a date and a class and a priority and a number of adults and a number of children. (I'm already seriously pissed off at all the typing, all I want is to read the goddam schedule.) I click on Search. A window pops up: There are two airports in Toronto, which one do I want? Out of curiosity, I pick "Toronto City Center" because it's new to me. Click on OK.

I landed back on the exact same form I started with, except that To now says "Toronto City". So I click on Search again.

After two little windows pop up and disappear (remaining empty all the while) I land back on the exact same form I started with. What? True, no change that I can see. I infer that Air Canada does not fly from Regina to Toronto City Center, but there is no indication on the form whether this is true or not. Perhaps there were simply no flights available on my chosen date. God knows. No information. Lots of pretty autumn leaves, some happy people, but nothing remotely useful.

What to do? I grit my teeth and assume that I was right, and that Air Canada only flies to Pearson Airport. This should be easy, I'll change To. Click on the button next to that field, up pops a "Pick an airport from this list" window. I choose "Toronto Pearson" and click on OK.

I land for the fourth time on the same old form, I'm almost getting to like it. I click on Search.

The previous window opens: "Pick an airport from this list:" and the same list. I choose "Toronto Pearson" and click on OK.

I land for the fifth time on the same old form, I know the happy people by name. I click on Search.

The previous window opens: "Pick an airport from this list:" and the same list. I choose "Toronto Pearson" and click on OK.

I land for the sixth time on the same old form, the dog wags its tail to see me. I click on Bookmarks and choose "Blogger login" and write a vitriolic piece about what an incompetent website the so-called "National Airline of Canada" has. Fire the designers, and burn their leaves and kick their dogs too.

Air Canada, you blew it. I was ready and willing to give you big bucks, but you made it difficult for me. I'll go by train instead.

1 Comments:

Blogger Lioness said...

This you call foul-mouthed??? NEWBIE.

March 23, 2005 at 6:54:00 p.m. GMT+1  

Post a Comment

<< Home