Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Awake

And mightily annoyed about it. Just felt the collar of my t-shirt (which I had slept in) and discovered that it is quite wet with sweat. No wonder I'm feeling dehydrated.

The sky is clear and quite bright, red in the east; the narrow crescent moon is already about 45° high. The streetcars are running, the first cars are on the road (few, at long intervals). But where are the birds? there's not a twitter of a dawn chorus to be heard. Perhaps they too are on holiday? ("Too" because the city is empty, school holidays began last week.)

[Later] I stood on the balcony for a while, enjoying the cool, moist morning air, thinking about having stood on the balcony some six hours earlier enjoying the cool, moist night air, and decided to stay up. This isn't insomnia, it's just getting up early. I shall walk downtown to that nameless square and have a cappuccino at the Café Eberhard, then do some work on my database.

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Zhoen said...

Did the birds start in later?

Let your doc know about the sweating at night, assuming it's not just because your room was too warm.

July 30, 2008 at 2:28:00 p.m. GMT+2  
Blogger Pacian said...

I am awake too, but then it is early evening so I suppose that I cannot complain.

July 30, 2008 at 8:47:00 p.m. GMT+2  
Blogger JoeinVegas said...

Hmm, more database work. Always more. Glad you can look at things in a positive, and walk to coffee.

July 30, 2008 at 10:07:00 p.m. GMT+2  
Blogger Udge said...

Zhoen, I will mention it just in case it's significant, but in this weather I do sweat quite a lot, day and night.

July 30, 2008 at 10:28:00 p.m. GMT+2  
Blogger Corvi, Corey, Crow, Maggie and Raven said...

I like the Stephen King quote.

August 1, 2008 at 12:30:00 a.m. GMT+2  
Blogger Lioness said...

I was on that schedule until very recently but waking up at 5.00 during a holiday is a tad too depressing so I have been forcing myself to stay awake till, *gasp*, at least until 23.00.

I hope you fall back into a friendlier cycle soon. I'd be pissy abt no birds though, what is that??

[AM ON HOLIDAY, WOOT!]

August 1, 2008 at 11:35:00 a.m. GMT+2  

Post a Comment

<< Home