Monday, February 04, 2008

Facing the facts

Being an attempt to hold my own hand.

Wrote a letter to my landlady's lawyers this morning, acknowledging her right to throw me out and stating that I will clear the apartment and give them the keys. It feels better to be taking action, even this action, than to sit and wait for the sixteen-ton weight to fall.

Today's xkcd is relevant, not so much for the forgetting as for the final frame.

In the interests of keeping the historical record straight (future biographers will thank me) I should mention that I slept about two hours on Thursday night after opening the letter from my landlady's lawyers. I didn't get up to blog it as usual, because I was far too fraught with fear and worry to compose anything sensible.

And now, to work in Rose Street.

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Zhoen said...

Hang in there, dear Udge.

February 4, 2008 at 2:04:00 p.m. GMT+1  
Blogger Lioness said...

I am certain, absolutely certain, that "it feels better" is a bit of an understatement, I think the relief must be enormous on several levels. I really am proud of you, it cannot have been easy but this way you ensure that whatever nights you spend not sleeping are out of choice, not anguish.

It will be all right, Udge, it is a bit bettr already. Bisch schon aufm Weg. (Brought to you in my finest Karlsruherisch.)

[Incidentally, blogging doesn't have to be sensible, sometimes simply writing things down helps, even if you just draft it and don't publish. Naming is powerful but things unnamed are even more so. You don't have to conform to what you think we expect of you, we want what is best for you, really quite simple. Now self-smooch some.][And I await my short reports!]

February 4, 2008 at 2:51:00 p.m. GMT+1  
Blogger Lioness said...

BTW, how could it not be better to go to work on a street called Rose? Bloody gorgeous.

February 4, 2008 at 2:52:00 p.m. GMT+1  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Please, some pics of the new apartment. (you were planning on a new apartment, right? not a blanket under the office desk?)

February 4, 2008 at 5:30:00 p.m. GMT+1  
Blogger Udge said...

thank you, one and all. Joe, I have to find a new apartment before I can photograph it.

February 4, 2008 at 6:57:00 p.m. GMT+1  
Blogger Dale said...

Oh Lord. Life. Someday we'll all live on a planet more suited to our peculiar life form, and we'll look back on all this and say, "how the hell did we stick it out as long as we did?"

Hugs. Good on you, to go ahead and take it in your hands. You go, brother!

February 5, 2008 at 4:46:00 a.m. GMT+1  

Post a Comment

<< Home