Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Another year older, and what do you get?

Welcome to 2008, my dears, make yourselves at home; smoking is permitted on the balcony but please note that the potted plants are not ashtrays.

I spent New Year's Eve with G, U and Famous Photographer (and of course Ralph though he played a rather small part in the proceedings): meat fondue, champagne and fireworks at midnight, red wine and conversation until 3am. Then into Second Life to say a brief "HNY" to anyone who might happen to be online, and ended up talking until 6am. Then to bed, only to wake with a start at 11:30.

Going to the office this afternoon to load up and configure U's new-to-her laptop, a 17" G4 Powerbook. I need to cook and eat lunch before then (getting slowly back into good and healthy routines) so this post will be shorter than many. There will be a summary of 2007 and a list of resolutions for 2008 in due course, and even a recipe for topinambour soup.

In other news everyone's favourite software company, Blogger, has changed something that breaks Safari: whenever I try to edit the template, to add a popup for 2008's monthly indexes, the browser crashes immediately. I shall try on my PC this afternoon.

And finally today's Dilbert is all too appropriate.

Labels: ,

10 Comments:

Blogger Zhoen said...

Good new year, Udge.

January 2, 2008 at 2:18:00 p.m. GMT+1  
Blogger Pacian said...

"Another year older, and what do you get?"

Arthritis? Out of breath walking uphill? A fear of the strange and the unfamiliar?

Ageist comments on your blog?

January 2, 2008 at 9:59:00 p.m. GMT+1  
Blogger Pacian said...

PS. Happy new year!

January 2, 2008 at 10:00:00 p.m. GMT+1  
Blogger Diana said...

Happy New Year, Udge.

May it be less Dilbertish than usual.

January 3, 2008 at 12:09:00 a.m. GMT+1  
Blogger pohanginapete said...

More opportunities to think, "I'm glad I did that"?

Happy New Year, Udge

January 3, 2008 at 12:34:00 a.m. GMT+1  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

16 tons of coal and deeper in debt?

January 3, 2008 at 4:38:00 a.m. GMT+1  
Blogger Udge said...

Happy new years to you too, my dears. I hope that Pete is right and that 2008 will be a positive year for us all.

Two points to Sis for getting the musical reference to the song Sixteen tons by Merle Travis. You'd think we grew up in the same house or something.

January 3, 2008 at 7:59:00 a.m. GMT+1  
Blogger Little Light said...

Happy New Year and happy blogging.

January 3, 2008 at 11:45:00 p.m. GMT+1  
Blogger CarpeDM said...

I knew it was deeper in debt but couldn't remember the 16 tons of coal part. Love that song. I owe my soul to the company store.

Anyway, Happy New Year! I loved that Dilbert as well.

January 4, 2008 at 3:23:00 p.m. GMT+1  
Blogger brooksba said...

I had to laugh when I read that Dilbert cartoon. I was actually scheduled to work on New Year's Day, but more than one person arrived at the office to find themselves not scheduled and then to return home. One in particular made me laugh, but that's another story.

January 6, 2008 at 11:48:00 p.m. GMT+1  

Post a Comment

<< Home