Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Exciting

Regular readers may remember that I signed up with ReviewMe a few months four weeks ago (a genuine error, what does that say about my life recently?)  — though God forbid that you should clutter your memory with such trivia.

Well, the money is simply pouring in, my dears! An advertiser has requested a review, which I shall of course honour forthwith. Watch this space. Or not.

But first I need a walk. I have a headache and stiff neck today, for some reason. (No, it's not a hangover.)

In other news today's Dilbert is quite funny.

4 Comments:

Blogger Zhoen said...

Without opinion, a site discussing this issue.

http://nielsenhayden.com/makinglight/archives/008324.html#008324

December 13, 2006 at 3:40:00 p.m. GMT+1  
Blogger brooksba said...

That is exciting! I can't wait to read your review. Hope you enjoy your walk!

December 13, 2006 at 9:08:00 p.m. GMT+1  
Blogger Udge said...

Zhoen: I'm not sure that it is comparable, but the discussion was fascinating.

Philip: yes, walking helps unless it's too sunny in which case the glare only worsens things. The ReviewMe story is a cash-for-blogging deal. The difference to systems like PayPerPost is fourfold: the paid review must be identified as such; it's All Your Own Work, there is no press release to work from (or copy-and-paste); the company may not impose conditions; and the company must pay even if the reviewer pans their product. It isn't "advertising" in the usual sense. I'm curious to see how it will work out, frankly I doubt whether many companies will be willing to risk paying for a drubbing.

December 14, 2006 at 1:41:00 p.m. GMT+1  
Blogger CarpeDM said...

Hee. I loved that Dilbert. I wish I had telekenis.

December 21, 2006 at 6:27:00 p.m. GMT+1  

Post a Comment

<< Home