Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Dull

I saw a meme somewhere while blogreading today, "five interesting facts you don't know about me," and thought "that might do for a post." So I opened up a Textedit window, looked at it for a few minutes, then closed it again. Sigh.

I'm at a really low ebb in terms of energy and activity. Not depressed as such, but I'm very tired and slow these days. It takes ages to get even simple things done, and stuff like cleaning up the kitchen is beyond my abilities.

Wrote invoices today, in itself a cheery occupation, but the total came out to much less than I had hoped.

I am considering a four-day therapy/water/dance/meditation training event thing over the New Year's Eve period, run by the same organization that did the seminar last year. It'll cost around 600 Euros including transport, hotel and food. If I approach that simply and practically, it's obvious that I cannot go. I don't have the money, those invoices today will all go on back rent and whatever I earn in December will go on back taxes. On the other hand, I would be pretty damned miserable sitting here in Stuttgart over New Year's Eve, and the seminar would definitely pep me up. What to do, what to do?

When in doubt, go to bed early.

Twenty-two down, eight to go.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

If it can be of comfort, you are not the only one to feel worn out.

As regards the Christmas vacation, I have an idea: accept an invitation from a friend who lives in another city or who owns a cottage in the mountains.
Now, who of you, readers, could make such an invitation?

November 22, 2006 at 10:37:00 p.m. GMT+1  
Blogger Zhoen said...

I am so there with you. And yet, you took the time to make me feel better. Thank you.

November 23, 2006 at 12:39:00 a.m. GMT+1  
Blogger Postmodern Sass said...

A better meme for today was "Thank Your First Commenter Day." Check out my blog for someone you might recognize. :-)

November 23, 2006 at 4:22:00 a.m. GMT+1  

Post a Comment

<< Home