Wednesday, March 09, 2005

Idiot de jour

So I loaded up the washing machine, set the dials, put in a scoop of soap powder, and pushed "start". It started. And it ran. And ran. And ran. And ran.

And ran some more.

I was waiting for the machine to finish so that I could go out and buy something for lunch. And waiting. And waiting. And waiting. And waiting.

And waiting some more.

"Gee," I thought, "this is taking a really really long time."

After two hours it occurred to me to take a closer look, and I discovered that the machine was in fact still at the very beginning of the cycle: it had been busy doing nothing at all. Why?

I had neglected a minor detail: to open the tap that lets the water in.

4 Comments:

Blogger Aleah Sato said...

This sounds familiar - LOL.

March 9, 2005 at 10:11:00 p.m. GMT+1  
Blogger Little Light said...

Oops. Don't you love situation where all you can do is laugh at yourself?

March 10, 2005 at 6:40:00 p.m. GMT+1  
Blogger Brian said...

I was coming to your blog to post a thank you for your encouragement and to comment about the wisdom you have offered to me on my blog. I came wondering how someone gets that kind of insite and intelligence and yet can deliver it in such a common sence manner.....


then I read this post.......
LOL!
I am just kidding, ;-)

I really do appreciate your comments to me, it has really helped me. It feels like someone is out there that cares about me. That was needed and I am so grateful.
And your post here even made me laugh, something I have not done much of lately, so thank you

March 10, 2005 at 11:32:00 p.m. GMT+1  
Blogger nancy oarneire graham said...

I love this story. It's like the time my husband & I listened had track one of an Astor Piazzolla opera CD on repeat, and spent a meal making fun of his repetitive music, almost as bad as Andrew Lloyd Weber, etc, etc, before realizing the mistake.

March 12, 2005 at 3:44:00 p.m. GMT+1  

Post a Comment

<< Home