Wednesday, January 12, 2005

And she moves

Years passed by, we were walking by the sea
   Half delirious
You smiled at me and said, Babe
   I think this thing is getting kind of serious
You pointed at something and said
   Have you ever seen such a beautiful thing?
It was then that I broke down
   It was then that you lifted me up again

She moves among the sparrows
   And she walks across the sea
She moves among the flowers
   And she moves something deep inside of me

Nick Cave, "Nature Boy", from the album Abattoir Blues

My jetlag (not insomnia) is running wild, I slept one (1) hour last night. I'm so tired that I am hallucinating, but my brain is just racing. Damn and blast.

Santa brought me the Nick Cave double-album "The Lyre of Orpheus/Abattoir Blues" (he may have received a few hints) and I've come to love it dearly. "Abattoir Blues" has been on the player since about 3am, good thing my neighbours are all still asleep. This particular song has been on repeat for half an hour. It moves me to tears.

But perhaps I'm just overtired.

[Update after a few hours' sleep and a good meal] I was definitely overtired, but it is still a very fine song.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Udge said...

Damn, that was quick! I hit "publish", read it through once, switched to the mail programme and there was the notification of your comment.

January 12, 2005 at 6:47:00 a.m. GMT+1  
Blogger Aleah Sato said...

Sorry you've had such a bad time getting back into a normal groove there. I have no cure for insomnia in mind, but you may try doing some creative projects while awake during the night. It could inspire a different life path or hobby, at the very least.

January 12, 2005 at 10:27:00 p.m. GMT+1  

Post a Comment

<< Home