Sunday, November 21, 2004

Sunday evening

Just back from my sunset perambulations, a very pleasant hour indeed. The sky is absolutely clear, not a single cloud to mar the immaculate blue; the temperature just above freezing but no wind at all so it was a pleasure to walk about town, watching the lights go on.

Now the oven is on, preheating for the pizza; Bunny Berrigan on the radio. I'd never heard of him before, and I would not describe myself as a jazz fan, but the music (big-band jazz from the late Thirties) is perfect for the time and the mood. Later on, there is a concert performance of Brahms' "Deutsches Requiem" in a local church; after that, a glass of Sekt Champagne (Pommery Brut Royale no less) with a few good friends, one of whom is turning 47.

Life is good.

1 Comments:

Blogger Little Light said...

Thanks for your comments. I enjoy your posts - they're very poetic.

November 22, 2004 at 8:45:00 p.m. GMT+1  

Post a Comment

<< Home