Thursday, February 07, 2008

Awake

Being a surprisingly cheerful insomnia post.

Woken by rowdies in the street, though my dreams would probably have woken me within minutes anyway (or was the dream a way of dealing with the noise of the rowdies? who knows).

It occurred to me while looking at an apartment in the distant southeast of town (on the far side of the steep ridge that marks the southern edge of downtown Stuttgart) that I would prefer to not to leave this general area if possible. I enjoy walking downtown and to the Bauernmarkthalle, neither of which I could do from there. I could easily get to both, of course, there's public transport everywhere here; but it would be difficult on foot because of the hills.

So I have decided to print up a bundle of little streamers saying "I'm looking for a new flat and like the look of this building. Please tell me if there should be an apartment available here" and deposit them in the mailboxes of places I think I might like to live. Guiding the situation again, you see (or trying to), rather than waiting for what the luck of the Internets might bring.

Shall I mention having to retrieve my sixteen-year-old housecoat from the garbage, because I was cold sitting here and my fleece is in Rose Street? Nah, that tale's too embarrassing to tell. At least I hadn't yet taken out the garbage, it wasn't dumpster diving.

I checked in to Second Life for a brief look-around while waiting for the hot chocolate to cook. It's a lovely evening in the metaverse right now, the sun is setting as the full moon rises.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Lioness said...

Funny you should mention this, a lady rang my bell the other day looking for a flat in my building. That is a most excellent idea, I believe we need to tell life exactly what it is we want.

February 7, 2008 at 1:09:00 p.m. GMT+1  

Post a Comment

<< Home