Sunday, June 24, 2007

The holiday spirit

Once again sitting on the balcony, drinking coffee and listening to the sounds of summer. The weather is warming up after a few days of cool rain; it's currently sunny and mid-twenties with a gentle breeze, which I find pretty close to ideal.

It's funny that when I'm away from the computers, I have many ideas about things that need blogging, but when I sit here nothing comes to mind—at least, nothing that I'm willing to write about yet. Apparently I have a higher impression of my thoughts when I am not able to set them down: walking around town my mind is full of clever, eloquent posts that only need to be typed out, but sitting here it all seems very scrappy and incomplete.

Anyway.

It occurs to me that I haven't been on a real walk, meaning more than the usual two to three km of a Saturday downtown shopping trip, since returning from Spain three weeks ago. I shall rectify this immediately if not sooner, by walking down to the river to enjoy the evening air. More later, perhaps.

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Pamela said...

I always have tons of things to blog about when I'm away from the computer, too. I often scribble notes and then I finally sit down and power up my browser and uncrumple my page of great blogging ideas and I have no idea what they mean. "That guy at the store." "Red shoes." "French Fries." Or I think, why did I want to write about that?

June 25, 2007 at 12:56:00 a.m. GMT+2  
Blogger JoeinVegas said...

You could take along one of the pocket PCs and type while you walk, or a little audio recorder and just dictate your thoughts.

June 25, 2007 at 4:19:00 p.m. GMT+2  
Blogger nn said...

A walk down to the river to enjoy the evening air seems to me a lovely idea. Wish I could come.

June 25, 2007 at 8:51:00 p.m. GMT+2  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

think of Nietzsche, walking is essential for developing pretty interesting thoughts...if you want to become like Nietzsche, now you know what you have to do.

June 25, 2007 at 8:51:00 p.m. GMT+2  
Blogger Udge said...

Pamela: yes, I went through a phase of writing notes that I then couldn't make head or tail of, so gave it up in favour of thoughts that I cannot remember. Progress of a dubious kind.

Joe: if I did, I'd have to name it "Diane"

May: water is very important to me, I can't imagine living in a city that didn't have a convenient and enjoyable waterfront (river, lake or ocean). Stuttgart's little river is not great but at least it exists.

Antonia: hmmmm, do I really want to become like Nietsche? Better sit down again.

June 25, 2007 at 10:00:00 p.m. GMT+2  

Post a Comment

<< Home