Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Spring on a Wednesday

spring flowers
yellows
Originally uploaded by udge.
G and U are in Bavaria again to wrestle in mud with the builders, so I have today and tomorrow off. I may very well take Friday too just for the hell of it, or as recompense for the anger and frustration and long hours of the last week.

Today is a wonderful day, sunny and blue-skied and warm (10°C). It's been a half-playday so far, I have been downtown for a cappuccino, photographed some flowers on the way there, and now I'm home again in that which we laughingly refer to as the "real world," meaning that grey and dusty place where work occurs.

I am installing Windows on a freshly formatted C: drive; after that finishes, I shall install the database and installermaker software and copy over my files. And if after all that I still cannot create a database application that runs under Windows, I shall throw the computer out the window and run off to the Outer Hebrides and become a beekeeper.

(Interesting that it didn't occur to me to say that I would run off to the South Pacific; when I think of paradise-on-earth I don't see visions of warm, sunny jungle vegetation. I am definitely a northerner.)

But first, it's time for lunch.

In other news I've discovered where the moths are breeding: inside my vacuum cleaner! Yeuccch. It's like a tiny, low-budget horror movie.

In other, other news yesterday's Wondermark is food for thought.

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger JoeinVegas said...

Beekeeping sounds kind of pleasant. And with a sweet side too.

February 21, 2007 at 6:50:00 p.m. GMT+1  
Blogger brooksba said...

Spring is coming! Love the picture of the flowers budding.

February 22, 2007 at 5:08:00 a.m. GMT+1  
Blogger CarpeDM said...

Eww. Moths breeding in a vacuum cleaner bag? That does sound like a horror film. You'd think they'd abhor the vacuum cleaner.

Loved the picture of the flowers, yellow is one of my favorite parts of spring. It's not my favorite color by any stretch of the imagination but I love it when it is flowery.

February 23, 2007 at 6:15:00 p.m. GMT+1  

Post a Comment

<< Home