Friday, December 15, 2006

The horror, the horror

I realized a few minutes ago, with a stomach-churning shock, that there are only ten days left before Christmas. OMFG (as the cool kids say) where has the year gone? And what happened to my elaborate and carefully-laid plans to do my shopping ahead of time? Gone with the wind, to coin a phrase.

Dear reader, should you be expecting a present from me: it'll be just a little bit late again. Yes, I know that I say that every year. I shall try to do better in 2007. Yes, I know that I say that every year too.

In other news Blogger has changed something in the comment-posting software in Beta, so folks who still use the original Blogger (points to himself) cannot comment on some Beta blogs. If you've switched to Beta and haven't heard from certain commenters in a while, know that we are still there, chewing our fingernails and swearing in frustration.

In other, other news yesterday's Dilbert is filed under wish-fulfilment.

9 Comments:

Blogger Zhoen said...

What? No present?

December 15, 2006 at 11:58:00 a.m. GMT+1  
Blogger Udge said...

Oh, you get one, of course. I meant the others.

December 15, 2006 at 12:04:00 p.m. GMT+1  
Blogger SavtaDotty said...

Luckily it's not at all too late for my Passover present!

December 15, 2006 at 2:14:00 p.m. GMT+1  
Blogger mark drago said...

Udge-- this syndrome (the perception that time is accelerating) only grows worse as one ages.

December 15, 2006 at 5:45:00 p.m. GMT+1  
Blogger Postmodern Sass said...

The workaround for the Blogger vs. Beta problem is to select "Other" and type in your name.

December 15, 2006 at 6:44:00 p.m. GMT+1  
Blogger brooksba said...

Christmas comes too soon every year. I'm thinking about changing the date and celebrating in July. That way everyone could shop when it's not COLD out. That's the worst part of Christmas - having to brave the malls and stores and try to find parking spots that have been covered in snow and no longer visible. Oops.

Hope you get all you need to done!

December 15, 2006 at 9:14:00 p.m. GMT+1  
Blogger * said...

in the netherlands it is already passed sinter klaas, so I have the present stuff behind me already :)

December 15, 2006 at 11:07:00 p.m. GMT+1  
Blogger Udge said...

Sass: it doesn't help: If a Beta blog won't let me post (and some of them will, oddly enough) then it won't work AT ALL.

December 16, 2006 at 10:19:00 p.m. GMT+1  
Blogger CarpeDM said...

That's why I use haloscan so everyone can leave comments. Sadly so few do. Thanks for being one of them.

I know! Where the does the time go? Fortunately I am almost done.

December 21, 2006 at 6:39:00 p.m. GMT+1  

Post a Comment

<< Home